To participate in the competency activities and receive feedback from your instructor, you will need to have access to a video camera (on the phone or other device of familiarity) and be able to upload the video as an .mp4 file to the assignment pages for review. These activities are required in order to successfully pass the course.
Child Development Associate® (CDA)
To be eligible for the CDA certification:
- You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED, or be a junior or senior in a high school career and technical program, and
- Complete 120 hours of formal early childhood technical education (this course meets CDA requirements)
- Complete a CDA professional portfolio (this course assists with portfolio preparation)
- Complete a CDA verification site visit where a PD Specialist observes you working with children
Please Note: Within three years of submitting your application, you must also have 480 hours of professional work experience at a center-based program with experience in all three age groups.
For more information on the CDA requirements, please visit the CDA Council website.
To apply and schedule an RBT certifying exam, you have to create a BACB account to obtain a BACB ID, and meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- 18(+) years old with a high school education or equivalent
- Passed criminal background check
- Passed abuse registry check
- Completion of a 40-hour training course with a score of 80% or higher
- Successfully complete an RBT initial competency assessment
- Approved application from BACB
Effective January 1, 2023, only individuals who reside in the United States (US), Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom (UK) may apply for BACB certification.